The Administrative Citation Enforcement Process
1. A responsible party shall have a reasonable period of time after notice to correct a violation, unless there is a risk that the violation will create an immediate danger to the health, safety, or welfare of the responsible party or others.
2. Where there is probable cause to believe that there exists a violation of this Code, the Code Enforcement Division is hereby authorized to issue administrative citations to responsible parties.
3. A violation of any provision of this Code is subject to an administrative fine. The administrative fine or penalty shall be $100 for a first violation, $250 for a second violation of the same Code Section on the subject parcel within one (1) year, and $500 for each additional violation of the same Code Section on the subject parcel within one (1) year of the date of the first level citation.
Contents of Citation
Each citation shall contain at a minimum the following information:
1. The date of violation(s), and the name of the citing enforcement officer;
2. The address of the subject property, or a description sufficient to identify the location of the property where the violation was observed;
3. The section(s) of this Code which has been violated, and a description of the violation(s);
4. The amount of the fine for the Code violation, as provided in Section 5.23 B.3 of this Article;
5. A description of how to pay the fine, including the date when a deposit of the fine is due, and to whom it is paid;
6. A description of the citation process, including the time within which the citation may be reviewed and contested.
Service of Citation
A citation may be served by personal service, certified mail and/or first-class mail. If first class mail is not returned to the sender, it shall be deemed to have been received seven (7) days from the date of mailing.