full screen background image
Engineering Division

MyNevadaCounty.com - County of Nevada, California

Department Directory
Employee Login

This login feature is for Nevada County Employees. Future functionality will offer citizens the ability to log in to this site and manage preferences.

Sign In

Site Help

Use the Site Help Page for tips and suggestions about MyNevadaCounty.com.
Engineering Division
Published on: 1/24/2012 12:00 AM
The Engineering Division provides a variety of technical services, support and planning, which includes:
Project Design
Contract Preparation
Traffic Analysis
Special Districts (CSA/PRD) Management
Encroachment Permit Reviews/Inspections
Information and Downloads:

ENCROACHMENT PERMITS: Contractors needing to construct a driveway or work within the County's public right-of-way must apply to the Department of Public Works for an Encroachment Permit.  You can download a Permit Application and General Provisions and submit to the Department by mail or in person.

TRANSPORTATION PERMITS: Companies needing to haul oversized loads through Nevada County must obtain a Transportation Permit.   Completed permit can be faxed to 265-9849 or mailed.

To assist in construction of roads, driveways, etc. view our Nevada County Standard Road Drawings.  You can also download our Nevada County Road Standards and other regulations.

Check out our current Construction Projects/Plan Holder's List

Prevailing Wage Rates

Information and assistance regarding Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE).

Nevada County Traffic Count Data Table from 1984 through 2012. 

Traffic Mitigation Fees - New development in the County requires the payment of Traffic Mitigation Fees. The amount of these fees depends upon the type of development and the location of the development within the County. Download the Traffic Mitigation Fee Map here and the Fee Table for Zones 1 and 2 here.  For the Plan...click here.

Nevada County Adopt-A Road Program - Interested in cleaning up trash along one of Nevada County's maintained roads? The process is simple. Call 265-1411 and state you are interested in adopting a section of road. If the road is available, the individual or group submits an application and pays a deposit of $100 for the purchase and placement of their recognition signs. The applicant's commitment is to pick up litter on their adopted road at least four times per year.  So give us a call  and see how you can become involved in this fun, educational and worthwhile program.


Trisha Tillotson
Director of Public Works
Public Works

950 Maidu Avenue Suite 170
Nevada City, Ca 95959
Hours: 8am-5pm M-F
Phone: 530.265.1411
Related Items:

No related pages or documents were found.