There are many local resources for parents. You can find family events, information about supporting your child's development, or learn about the 40 Assets.
Parents' Resource Guide
- This magazine is available on-line and at various locations. You can find articles on a variety of subjects interesting to parents, as well as information about local events.
Sierra Nevada Children's Services
- SNCS is a child care resource and a referral agency that can help you find a child care provider, information on child develop
ment, or a free play group for your young children.
First 5 Nevada County
- Visit their web page for information on programs that promote childhood development, health, and wellness for children from birth to five years old and their parents.
Zero to Three
- This national nonprofit organization provides parents and professionals with knowledge about how to nurture early development.
for many resources and links to programs throughout the United States of interest to fathers. You will find the DadTalk Blog, a library, videos, and much more.
Family Resource Centers - local FRCs offer a one-stop place where families can find parenting tips, take advantage of lending libraries and classes, and get information about local events. Find out more by visiting or calling.
High Sierra's Family Services, Loyalton (530) 993-1110
The Kare Crisis Nursery
is an agency that provides safe and nurturing care for small children of familes experiencing a stressful situation. They offer 24-hour respite care in emergencies for children from birth to age six for up to 30 days.
- The 40 Development Assets are elements that affect how children and teens grow up. These building blocks will help your child have a safe and healthy life.
Nevada County Library
- Visit the Nevada County Library's web site to get information about local branches, upcoming events, children's services, and much more.
Free Violin Classes
- Free classes are available for those would could not otherwise pay for violin lessons through the Grass Valley Family Resource Center.
Everyday Parenting Ideas
is a biweekly newsletter for parents with lots of ideas - you can find everyday tips, ideas for activities, and tips on how to start a conversation with your child.
Nevada County Child Advocates
is a local organization that works to make a difference in the lives of high risk families and vulnerable children. They do this through the Child Advocates Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) program, the child safety puppeteers program, and the Foothill Healthy Babies and Welcome Baby programs. They work together to improve parenting skills, and support families and children to ensure a safe and nurturing environment for our counties' children.