full screen background image
What If I Can't Afford My Child Support

MyNevadaCounty.com - County of Nevada, California

Department Directory
Employee Login

This login feature is for Nevada County Employees. Future functionality will offer citizens the ability to log in to this site and manage preferences.

Sign In

Site Help

Use the Site Help Page for tips and suggestions about MyNevadaCounty.com.
What If I Can't Afford My Child Support
Published on: 3/19/2012 12:00 AM

If you feel your child support is too high, you can always request a modificationYou can request a modification with our office or you can file your own motion with the court (contact the Family Law Facilitator).

If you request a modification through our office, we will mail the paperwork to you.  Fill out the paperwork and mail or bring into our office within 20 business days.  If your case qualifies for a modification, we will contact both parties to determine if there is agreement on the new rate.  If you and the other parent agree, we do not need to go to court.  Your caseworker will draft a Stipulation for both parties to sign.  If both parents do not agree, a court hearing will be set.

If you cannot make your full payment, pay as much as you can until we can get your order reviewed.

Tex Ritter
Director of Child Support Services
Child Support Services

950 Maidu Avenue Suite 140
Nevada City, Ca 95959
Hours: 7:30am-5pm M-F
Phone: 866.901.3212
Related Items:

No related pages or documents were found.