What can Senior Outreach Nurses do?
- Provide in home assessments to review a client's medical, social, and environmental needs.
- Provide health education consistent with client's needs.
- Discuss referrals that are appropriate for clients, and help link them to other community resources and services.
- Review medications, and set up programs to help ensure their safe administration.
- Provide follow-up visits and telephone calls, as needed.
- Blood pressure and health screening at various locations in the community.
Who are Senior Outreach Clients?
Seniors (60 years and older) who live in Nevada County. Everyone in this age group is eligible for our services, regardless of income. Services are free of charge through funding from the Nevada County Department of Social Services. Donations are welcome.
What are some of the Services Senior Outreach Nurses can help me obtain?
- Linking with other care providers, including health care and the Department of Social Services
- Medication education
- Lifeline - an emergency medical alert service
- Home delivered meals
- Transportation services
- Volunteer in-home visitors or telephone reassurance
- Risk assessment for falls and home safety checks
- Falls prevention information and assessment
How to make a referral: