full screen background image
CalWORKs Employment Services

MyNevadaCounty.com - County of Nevada, California

Department Directory
Employee Login

This login feature is for Nevada County Employees. Future functionality will offer citizens the ability to log in to this site and manage preferences.

Sign In

Site Help

Use the Site Help Page for tips and suggestions about MyNevadaCounty.com.
CalWORKs Employment Services
Published on: 3/13/2012 12:00 AM
CalWORKs Employment Services Program
Along with  temporary cash assistance, the heart of the CalWORKs program is the Employment Services Program.  After a family is approved to receive cash assistance, all aided parents are referred to our Employment and Training Counselors to assist with employment and family stabilization goals.
Our staff interview each parent to identify what issues are keeping them from earning enough money to support their family.  Some of the areas we can help with include: family counseling and parenting support, housing, legal issues, child care, substance use treatment, getting a GED or attending a vocational education or community college program, job skills, career counseling, and even pay your wages while you work at a local business or non-profit organization to gain work experience.  Our goal is to help you identify your career goal and help you step-by-step to move toward achieving your goal.
Who we serve
We provide Employment Services to active CalWORKs recipients as well as other work eligible adults who contribute to the CalWORKs family.  Even if you have used up your CalWORKs or TANF time clocks we may be able to assist you with basic services.  Please contact us to find out how we can help you achieve your career goals! 
If you do not qualify for CalWORKs, you can always visit the Business and Career Center located at 988 McCourtney Road in the Brighton Greens Resource Center for assistance with your resume, job applications, and career services.
Applying for CalWORKs
You can apply online at C4Yourself.com or come into our Nevada City office to apply in person. Learn more here.