Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP)
Information regarding drinking water in California schools can be found here:
- Children under age 6 are most at risk for lead poisoning.
- Prevent lead poisoning. Get your home tested. Get your child tested. Get the facts!
- Was your house painted before 1978? Protect your family from lead exposure.
- Remodeling the home? Renovate right with lead-safe work practices.
- Talk to your health department about testing home paint and dust for lead.
The Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program provides education to community schools, medical practitioners, and childcare centers regarding blood lead screening, lead exposure risks and resources.
CALL US: 530-265-1460 (or 530-582-7814 in Truckee)
National Lead Information Center: 1-800-424-LEAD
Safe Drinking Water Hotline: 1-800-426-4791
Fingerstick Blood Lead Testing:
M.D.'s who provide CHDP physicals; Sierra Family Medical Clinic, Western Sierra Medical Clinic (Miner's Clinic), Sutter Medical Group & Tahoe Forest Multi Specialty Pediatrics in Truckee will automatically do blood lead testing on children around one year and again at two years of age.
Water testing for lead can be done through Cranmer Engineering 273-7284. Call for pricing.
To find a contractor certified to safely remove lead paint: go to the state contractors licensing board; www.cslb.ca.gov
For more information contact the Nevada County
Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Coordinator:
Health and Human Services Agency
Nevada County Public Health Department
Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 110
Grass Valley CA 95945