Gene Albaugh Community Room
1/25/2012 12:00 AM
- Check the Gene Albaugh Community Room Calendar for current availability and reservations.
- Room is open to all community groups, non-profit organizations, individuals, County of Nevada Government departments, committees and commissions.
- The Community Room may NOT be used for the benefit of a private individual, fundraising or a commercial concern.
- Renters of the Community Room are prohibited from fundraising, charging fees and sales of any kind. Donations are acceptable.
- Available hours are 8:00 AM to 10:00PM daily, including weekends and holidays.
- You may submit an online reservation request or call the Administration Office at 530-265-1407 to schedule the room. Reservations are confirmed by the Library.
- Keys must be checked out by renters during Library business hours. Call 530-265-7050 for hours.
- Group size may not exceed the room capacity. The current room capacity rating is 158 (73 with any configuration of tables and chairs).
- $10.00 per hour with a minimum of two (2) hours per session and a maximum of ten (10) hours per month. All groups must pre-pay within seven (7) days of making the reservation and have an executed agreement in place. Set up and tear down of tables and chairs are part of the rental time. Cancellations are accepted up to 72 hours of the scheduled reservation for refund of the room fee.
- A $50.00 refundable security and cleaning deposit is required within seven (7) days of making reservation to confirm. The deposit shall not operate as a limit on the Renter’s liability in the event of any damage to the premises.
- Contract includes use of Community Room and public restrooms. No set up in Lobby or outside of the room.
- Smoking is prohibited in the building and within twenty (20) feet of the building; no candles or incense is permitted; and alcohol is prohibited on the grounds and in the building per County General Code Article 18.2 Animals are not allowed in the room and are to be kept off of lawn and out of planters.
- The Community Room is not a food service facility. All food must be pre-approved by the Administrative Office at the time of making the reservation and removed from the premises. Food service (making, transporting and serving or dispensing prepared food as in a restaurant or commissary) is NOT permitted.
- Groups are responsible for maintaining the care of the room and its furnishings. All tables and chairs must be put away at the close of the meeting. Groups using the Community Room must leave the room clean and good condition for the next group including: clean the counters, sink and floors.
- IApproximately 12-6 foot folding tables and 65 stackable chairs; rolling cart; podium; ceiling mounted retractable screen; broom/dust pan; sink (cold water only) with counter area; and wireless internet access.
- Equipment that can be checked out for use in the meeting room: A Nevada County Library account is required to check out the following equipment. Arrangements need to be made in advance. Check out must occur just prior to the meeting and be returned directly after the meeting. The Projector is a Dell projector and may be run on your own Dell remote without check out if you do not need any other equipment.
- Portable Microphone with Speakers
- Remote Control for Ceiling Mounted Projector use
- VGA and Audio Component cables for use with your laptop for Projector use
- DVD Player, remote, cabling for use with the Projector