The Library staff is available to help you locate books, to select good titles to read and to assist you in answering questions and finding information. Ask -- we're here to help you!
- Books: 3 weeks
- Books on CD: 3 weeks, 10 books per person
- Books on Tape: 3 weeks, 10 books per person
- DVDs: 2 weeks, 10 item limit
- CDs: 2 weeks, 10 item limit
- Magazines: 2 weeks, 6 issues per title
- Interlibrary Loan: Loan period is at the discretion of the lending library. Renewals must be approved by the lending library.
- Always present your Library Card.
- Be aware of return dates.
- Immediately report the loss of items or cards.
- Items may be returned to any circulating branch (Nevada City, Grass Valley, Truckee, Bear River, or Penn Valley) regardless of where they were originally checked out.
- Renewals can be made through your online account, in person, or by phone. The renewal date is set from the original due date and is not dependent on the date you renew.
- To provide access of library materials to all, you may renew items only twice.
- Items that have been requested by another person may not be renewed.
- 25 cents per day per overdue item; $5.00 maximum fine.
- Lost or damaged items will be assessed according to their value.
- Fines for late items not yet returned (accrued fines) are not viewable on your online account until the items have been returned.
- You are responsible for all fines, including loss and damaged charges, on your library account or an account for which you are the responsible party.
- If fines or fees exceed $10, borrowing privelages will be suspended until reduced below $10.
- Delinquent accounts will be transferred to the Nevada County Collections Division where the full balance will be due with no credit given for returned items.
- Library card replacement - $2
- Interlibrary loan search fee (per each title) - $3
- Lost items - cost of item plus $5 processing fee
- Lost, broken, or scratched disc (single) - cost of item plus $5 processing fee
- Mildewed book, not usable - cost of book plus $5 processing fee
- Pictures or pages cut out of book - $4 or cost of book plus $5 processing fee
- Excessive wear & tear, dirt, food, etc. - $2 or cost of book plus $5 processing fee
- Underlining, highlighting or crayon marks - $2 or cost of book plus $5 processing fee
- Missing or damaged disc or cassette from a set - $10
- Damaged or lost case (book or audiobook) - $8
- Damaged or lost case (DVD or video) - $2
- Ruined book cover - $4
- Ruined packaging (CD, DVD, video inserts)- $2
- Water stained but usable - $4
- Dog chewed but usable - $4
- Lost game, book/tape bags - $2
- Missing barcode (including interlibrary loans) - $2
- Missing card pocket - $1