Displays can enrich the lives of local citizens by stimulating their interest in literature, the arts, hobbies and local organizations. The Library's display cases are available to use for free by Nevada County non-profit organizations. There are two display cases located in the lobby of the Madelyn Helling Library. The use of a display case runs for one month beginning on the first business day and ending on the last business day.
Submissions will be taken all year. Reservation requests will be reviewed prior to acceptance to accomodate all groups. Groups who request the same month will be evaluated based on previous bookings. Two groups per month will be selected. Reservations are normally confirmed no more than three months in advance.
A release of liability waiver will be mailed to the selected groups and groups will have 30 days to respond or the opportunity moves on to another group.
Sharing such items and information is a rich community resource that we would like to encourage and promote.
Some guidelines for exhibitors:
- There are two cabinets located in the main lobby. Each case measures 46” wide, 52” high and is approximately 15” deep. Both have adjustable wooden shelves that are about 10” deep.
- The Library reserves the right to accept or deny requests for displays.
- Only one side will be reserved per non-profit group per month in a calendar year.
- A release of responsibility is required of all exhibitors. It is suggested that you list items displayed on a separate piece of paper and attach it with the waiver.
- The Library does not carry insurance for items displayed.
- Exhibit items are displayed for one month with set up and tear down taking place during business hours on the first and last weekday of the month reserved. Please allow enough time for prep work during business hours.
- Exhibitors will bring their own supplies (e.g. push pins, tape, scissors). Staff and supplies are not available for decorating assistance.
- If there are items for sale in the display, please place a note within the case that lists the contact information to minimize interruptions for Library staff.
- If publicity is planned, please submit a proposed copy of the artwork, script, etc. for review by the Department Secretary or Branch Manager to ensure that library hours and other information is accurate.
- Please contact the Department Secretary at 530-265-1407 to arrange a date and time to set up and take down your display during public library hours.
- There are shelves available for use in the display cases. Please deliver any unused shelves to the Department Secretary. Agreements will be mailed out annually to selected groups. Groups need submit their interest annually.
- To the best of our ability, specific month requests will be given to groups whose purpose or function coincides with a significant month’s celebration or event on a rotating schedule as long as it does not conflict with Library displays.
Please note that not all groups will be selected each year to display. Booking only takes place three months in advance and selected groups will have 30 days to respond once a waiver of liability is mailed.
Sample Display Cases: