Pick up an Application To Petition To Seal Juvenile Record (or print form here) from the Nevada County Probation Department.
We are located at 109 ½ North Pine Street, Nevada City, CA 95959. Phone number: 530-265-1300.
- An applicant for record sealing must be at least 18 years of age.
- One year must have elapsed between the time the record sealing is requested and the matter was closed in the probation department.
- If you have been cited or have records in another county, you must apply to have those records sealed in that county.
- Unpaid restitution or Carl F. Bryan II Juvenile Hall fees, will preclude acceptance of a record sealing application, until the fees have been paid and a receipt is provided (by you) to the probation department.
- Please inform the probation department of any change in your mailing address.
- There is a pre-application, non-refundable fee is $150.00 for each record sealing. This pre-application, non-refundable fee is payable at the Nevada County Collection Division located at the Courthouse, 201 Church Street, Nevada City, CA. 95959. The Collection Division’s telephone number is: (530) 265‑1266. Once the fee has been paid and the department has received a receipt, your application for record sealing will be accepted and processed in the order received.
PAYMENT OF THIS FEE DOES NOT GUARANTEE YOUR RECORD WILL BE SEALED, but enables the probation department to accept and process your application, in accordance with Section 781 of the Welfare & Institutions Code.
Please note: The Nevada County Collection Department charges a $35.00 Administrative Fee, which is in addition to the pre-application, non-refundable $150.00 fee for each record sealing.