A Marriage License must be purchased prior to your ceremony
Cost to obtain your Marriage License $72.00
We Do Not Make Appointments
Hours for Marriage License and/or Ceremony are 8:00am to 4:00pm
(It takes about 30 minutes for the license to be issued)
Applicants must be 18 years and older
Applicants under the age of 18:
If either party is under 18, you must contact the Juvenile Probation Department at (530)265-1300.
Visit Our Office
• Both UNMARRIED applicants must be present
• Both must have Valid Government photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport
• Blood tests are no longer required as of January 1, 1995
• Fee for a Public Marriage License is $72.00
Information Required on Marriage License Application
• Complete legal name of each party obtaining the marriage license
• If previously married, need month, day and year of dissolution/death/annulment (to the best of your knowledge)
• Need Parents' full names (Mother's maiden name)
• Need Parents' state/country of birth
Apply Online Come Prepared
Save time by completing this Online Application
before coming into our office to get your mariage license.Your completed application is stored up to 60 days in the Clerk-Recorder's Office.
After the license is issued, it can be used immediatley. You must be married by an authorized person.
You must be married within 90 days of the date the license was issued and you must be married anywhere in the State of California.