E N V I R O N M E N T A L    H E A L T H 

Our Department is responsible for programs focused on environmental protection and public health in Nevada County. These programs regulate food preparation in restaurants, installation of wells and septic systems, handling hazardous materials and other topics related to consumer protection.

Newcastle Disease Found in CA Chickens

Newcastle disease has been identified in a backyard flock of chickens in Los Angeles County.  A press release from the California Department of Agriculture can be found here:

California Department of Agriculture Press Release

FDA Notice: On June 18, 2018, Partially Hydrogenated Oils (PHOs) will not be recognized as safe (GRAS) for use in human food.

Click the links below for more information:
CDPH Notice
FDA Notice


– Agricultural Handler Hazardous Material Business Plan (HMBP) Policy HM-01-2018


  **August 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018 Public Comment Period**

​Submit comments in writing to:

​David Huff, REHS, CHMM - Program Manager
​950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, CA 95959
​Email:  david.huff@co.nevada.ca.us

Agriculture Exempt Policy

      Pay Fees

Pay Your CDA Fees

Apply for Permits 

Go to online citizen access program.

Food Plan Checks

Permit Application Forms



  Food Booths

Community Event / Temporary Food Facility (TFF) Page

Sewage Disposal

Wastewater Permits Page


California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) Page

Report a Problem

Report a Problem