EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, DECEMBER 7, 2020, ALL IN-PERSON APPOINTMENTS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE FOR THE PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT UNDER THE
REGIONAL STAY-AT-HOME ORDER.
Public Works Services contact us at:
About Public Works
Welcome to the Nevada County Department of Public Works. The Department of Public Works encompasses six separate divisions plus Administration .
- Administration - Permitting, Customer Service, Public Counter & Phones, Social Media posting, Division Administrative support,
- Engineering - Road Design, Bridges, Construction, Traffic, Land Use, County Surveyor Functions, - Land Use/Survey, Corner Records, Records of Survey
- Fleet - County Vehicle and Equipment maintenance
- Road Maintenance - Maintains 562 miles of public roadways along with numerous bridges and drainage facilities throughout the county, including signs, vegetation management and storm response.
- Solid Waste - Household Waste Pickup, Recycling, McCourtney Road Transfer Station
- Transit Services - Gold Country Stage Transit Services.
- Wastewater - Wastewater Treatment and Collection Facilities, New Sewer Connections.
Administrative Staff are available to provide customer services via phone, fax, email or public counter. Staff monitor the Public Works email address, Facebook page, NextDoor app and the "AskNevadaCounty" online work order request App.
They are available to answer questions, assist with permits and direct questions and inquiries to the appropriate person or department.
Hours of Operation:
We are located at the Eric Rood Government Center at:
We can be reached via the following:
Main Phone : (530) 265-1411
Fax: (530) 265-9845
Front Counter ServicesFront counter services are currently suspended until further notice effective December 2, 2020. Items for submission can be dropped off in the main lobby of the Eric Rood Center outside the CDA Lobby in the basket labeled Public Works.
Forms of Payment
Public Works fees may be paid by check, cash (do not mail) and online for Encroachment Permits, Sewer Permits and Surveyor fees only. Encroachment Permit Applications are available for online credit card processing at the time of submission through the Citizens Access Page and other permit/surveyor fees may only be paid by credit card by accessing our online Payment Processing. Credit card payments cannot be taken over the phone or by mail at this time.
Doing Business with Public Work
For additional information on doing business with the County, including insurance requirements for contractors, payment of bills and more go to the Purchasing Department website.