Fares and Passes
Nevada County Connects provides service in two zones.
- Zone 1 fares apply to passengers traveling within the local bus zone (Grass Valley, Nevada City, and the Brunswick Basin).
- Zone 2 fares apply to passengers traveling on regional routes 5 (Auburn), 6 (Penn Valley), and 7 (North San Juan). The route 5 zone 2 boundary is Alta Sierra Drive. The route 6 zone 2 boundary is Bitney Springs Road. The route 7 zone 2 boundary is Newtown Road.
- Transfers (Non-transferable)
- Please obtain transfers upon boarding the bus.
- Transfers are ONE-WAY and must be used on the next available connecting route, traveling in the same general direction, with route indicated on transfer. TRANSFERS MAY NOT BE USED FOR ROUND-TRIP TRAVEL.
- Additional fare may be charged if traveling within two zones and using a transfer.
|Age Group||Zone 1||Zone 2|
|Discount (Seniors 65+/Disabled/Youth (6-17)||$.75||$1.50|
|Children (5 and under)||FREE||FREE|
The Transit Services Division is accepting debit and credit card payments for the purchase of bus passes only. Please note that there is a $2.50 processing fee when using a debit or credit card for purchasing bus passes.
Monthly bus passes may be purchased at the Tinloy Transit Center (118 Tinloy St., Grass Valley) on the first 3 business days of the month between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Monthly passes may also be purchased at the Nevada County Transit offices, located at 12350 La Barr Meadows Rd., Grass Valley, Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
Discount cards are also available during the same time frames for those who are qualified. Please see the Discount Fare Eligibility Requirements section below. Discount cards must be shown in order to receive discount fares.
|One-day Pass (Non-transferable)||Zone 1||Zone 2|
|Discount (Seniors 65+/Disabled/Youth (6-17)||$2.25||$3.75|
|Monthly Pass (Non-transferable)||Zone 1||Zone 2|
|Discount (Seniors 65+/Disabled/Youth (6-17)||$22.50||$45.00|
Discount Fare ID cards
In order to improve service efficiency, Nevada County Connects (NCC) will begin issuing Discount Fare Picture ID cards to eligible users. Discount Fare ID cards are available at the Transit Services office or the Tinloy Transit Center at the dates and times noted above. The application is located on our website on the Fares and Passes page along with the accepted documentation for eligibility. ALL DISCOUNT FARE USERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A DISCOUNT FARE ID CARD.
Change in check acceptance policy
NCC will no longer accept personal checks under $20.00.
Discount Fare Card application
In order to improve service efficiency, NCC will begin issuing Discount Fare Picture ID cards to eligible users. The Discount Fare Card will be required in order to receive a discount fare on our system.
Click this link Discount Fare Card Application to fill out your application. Print your application and bring both pages and the required documentation to the address listed on the form on or after February 14, 2018.
Discount Fare Cards may also be obtained at the Tinloy Transit Center on the first three business days each month between the hours of 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Discount Fare Eligibility Requirements
The following forms of identification are required in order to be eligible for discounted fares. All applicants must have and show a valid photo ID.
- Senior (65+)
- A valid state Driver's License or picture/age ID card
- A valid Medicare card (not Medi-Cal)
- DMV printout showing the name for DMV Disabled placard
- A valid Medicare card (not Medi-Cal)
- ADA Paratransit eligibility card issued by County of Nevada Transit Services
- ADA or Disabled ID eligibility document issued by another transit agency
- Veteran's ID card with "SERVICE CONNECTED" or a Dept. of Veterans Affairs disabled veteran letter
- Youth (6-17) fare is subject to age and photo identification. (School or age ID)
- Single PCA fare waived when accompanied passenger has approved Travel with PCA-ADA Paratransit Eligibility Card.
Nevada County Connects “Golden Ticket”
The Golden Ticket is a Lifetime Pass for seniors aged 80 and over. The Golden Ticket will provide the pass holder with unlimited free rides on all NCC routes (1 – 7) for the lifetime of the pass holder. Eligibility is open to all Nevada County seniors with proof of age (valid California ID card or Driver’s License).
In addition, NCC will be partnering with Connecting Point to offer Travel Training to any interested persons seeking assistance in utilizing the fixed-route bus system.
**The Golden Ticket pass is not for use on Nevada County Now paratransit services.