How To Ride
Please arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before your bus is scheduled to leave.
For safety, driver stops at authorized and designated bus stops only.
Please allow passengers to exit the bus before you board. Seats closest to the front of the bus are reserved for seniors and disabled passengers.
Have EXACT FARE READY. Driver are not able to make change for fares.
Please avoid using excessive amounts of coins.
PLEASE REQUEST A TRANSFER UPON BOARDING BUS.
Limit CARRY-ONS to the size and number you can personally handle, that do not block aisles, adjacent seating, or wheelchair designated areas, and allow for safe boarding and passenger securement.
Lost & Found
If you lose an item on the bus or at a bus stop/shelter, call us at (530) 477-0103 x 0 and tell us the date, time, and route on which the item was lost. Please do the same for found items. Items must be claimed within 30 days or they may be disposed of.
No pets allowed, except service animals, unless transported in a secure, leak proof cage or container. No animals may be on seats or blocking aisles. Driver’s may refuse transport or will remove animals that are aggressive and/or create a hazard, mess or disturbance.
On-Demand Bus Stops
ON-DEMAND stops are defined as stops that will only be served when requested by the passenger, ONLY at times indicated on route schedule. ON-DEMAND stops are indicated by star symbols on the map and shaded columns on the schedules.
To Request On-Demand Pick-Up
Call the Gold Country Stage office (477-0103 ext. 0) AT LEAST 60 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE DESIRED STOP TIME TO INSURE A RIDE.
REQUESTS PRIOR TO 7:00 AM must be made by calling the office prior to 7:00 PM the day before.
REQUESTS FOR MONDAY (PRIOR TO 7:00 AM) must be made by calling the office prior to 7:00 PM on Friday.
For A Drop Off
Passenger must ask the driver for on-demand stop when boarding the bus.
Wheelchair Lifts & Bike Racks
All Gold Country Stage buses are equipped with wheelchair lifts and employ tie downs for required wheelchair securement. All Gold Country Stage buses are equipped with front-mounted bike racks, available on a first-come, first-served basis. Passengers must be able to load and unload their bikes without assistance and Gold Country Stage is not responsible for damage to bicycles. Un-claimed bicycles will be locked and stored at the Gold Country Stage office and must be claimed within 30 days. No motorized bikes or hover boards allowed in or on bus. (See Unclaimed & Found information.)
Gold Country Stage Route 5 travels to Auburn Station for connections to Placer County Transit, Auburn Transit, Sacramento Light Rail, and Amtrak Thruway bus service AS CONNECTING SCHEDULES ALLOW. (Amtrak schedules subject to change without notification.)
Please call these transportation services for current schedule information:
Placer County Transit...... (800) 889-2877 or (530) 885-2877 Placer County Transit Website
Auburn Transit................ (530) 906-3700 Auburn Transit Website
Amtrak............................ (800) 872-7245 Amtrak Sacramento
- To ensure a pleasant ride for all, smoking, eating, drinking, playing of loud music or loud cell phone conversation are not allowed. Shirts and shoes are required. (Bottled water allowed.)
- Panhandling/solicitation is prohibited on the bus or at stops.
- Any recycling items must be secured and in a leak proof container. If items leak they will be removed from bus.
- Inappropriate, disruptive, or abusive behavior is not permitted, nor will it be tolerated, and may result in removal from the bus, suspension of bus service, and/or criminal charges.
- Remain seated until bus stops. If you must stand while bus is in motion, hold grab rails tightly.
- Notify driver one block prior to your stop by pulling the bell cord.
- No weapons, flammable, and/or hazardous material allowed on bus. (Hazardous materials and items list is posted on bus or available at the Gold Country Stage office.)
WE ARE A SMOKE FREE ZONE! No smoking on bus or at bus shelters, bus stops or the Tinloy Transit Center. NO EXCEPTIONS
DUE TO SAFETY ISSUES, THERE ARE NO FLAG STOPS UNLESS NOTED.