T R U C K E E
Town of Truckee Office Open to the Public by Appointment Only
For assistance please contact the Nevada County Environmental Health Department satellite location in the Town of Truckee at (530)582-2460 NCDEH.email@example.com, or Environmental Specialist Jo Paden at (530)470-2787 firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Nevada City main office at (530)265-1222 X:3.
Any permit submitted to the Town of Truckee that involves a parcel in Nevada County with either a septic system or well, requires a Building Clearance from NCDEH if it involves the following:
- Changing the original footprint of the home (additions, decks, patios)
- Adding or changing any accessory structures (Additional Dwelling Units, garages, storage buildings, carports, pools)
- Changing the number of bedrooms (additions, remodels)
When applying for a building permit with the Town of Truckee, please provide an additional site plan with the septic system accurately shown for NCDEH to conduct the review as timely as possible.
Due to current COVID policies, the Town of Truckee office is not open to the public. When the office is open, you may bring your project to Over the Counter Thursdays at the Town of Truckee Building and Planning Department from 8:00 AM-11:00 AM by appoinment only to complete this process more quickly. Please use the following link to schedule your appointment with the Town of Truckee and to review The Town of Truckee’s rules for over the counter: https://www.townoftruckee.com/government/community-development/building-and-safety/over-the-counter-thursday During Over The Counter Thursdays, if you have a copy of the original and stamped septic site plans that can be easily verified by an Environmental Health staff member, you do not have to fill out a Building Clearance Application or pay the fee.
If you are not submitting on Over the Counter Thursdays, you will have to complete the Building Clearance Application and pay a fee:
- To fill out the TOT Building Clearance Application Packet Opens a New Window. , please save the form to your computer, fill out ALL sections, save again and email it back to NCDEH.email@example.com.
- We charge a one-hour minimum fee of $192.20, instructions for payment will be provided once a completed TOT Building Clearance Application Packet has been received.