Permits and Licenses

Here at Public Health we receive numerous inquiries about permitting and licensing processes that are actually part of the Environmental Health Department. To make sure you get the information you need, we have put together this resource list. This list includes links to information and applications for various permits and licenses. The links below also include the relevant laws related to the permit or license in question.

The following permits and licenses are issued by the Environmental Health Department:

This includes permanent food facilities, as regulated by the California Retail Food Code, temporary food facilities (TFF's), mobile food facilities, cottage food, caterers, community events, general food safety, B&B's, and Ag Homestays.

This includes on-site soil evaluations (OSSE) and septic systems, followin the County of Nevada Sewage Disposal Ordinance.

This includes small water systems and private residential wells.

This website includes hazardous materials (CUPA); the hazardous materials business plan, including the CalEPA requirements; the hazardous water generator program; above ground petroleum storage; the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS); and household hazardous waste.

This includes tattooing, body piercing, branding and permanent cosmetics.

Including the California Organized Camps statutes.

If you have questions please contact the Environmental Health Department: (530) 265-1222, Option 3.