Gene Albaugh Community Room
Gene Albaugh Community Room
Dedicated in memory of Gene Albaugh on March 23, 2013
- Check the Gene Albaugh Community Room Calendar for current availability and reservations.
- Room is open to all community groups, non-profit organizations, individuals, County of Nevada Government departments, committees and commissions.
- The Community Room may not be used for the benefit of a private individual, fundraising or a commercial concern.
- Renters of the Community Room are prohibited from fundraising, charging fees and sales of any kind. Donations are acceptable.
- Available hours are 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily, including weekends and holidays.
- You may submit an online reservation request or call the Administration Office at 530-265-1407 to schedule the room. Reservations are confirmed by the Library.
Make a Community Room Payment
3 Convenient ways to make a Gene Albaugh Community Room Payment.
In person - At the Madelyn Helling Library during regular Library hours. Make sure you have a copy of your invoice with you.
Online - Use the link below. Online Credit/Debit card payments incur a 2.4% or $2.00 convenience fee, (whichever is greater). Debit card payments incur flat $2.00 fee when used over-the-counter. E-checks payments incur a flat $0.50 fee.
By check-- Mail checks (payable to Nevada County Community Library) along with a copy of your invoice to:
Attn. Community Room, 980 Helling Way, Nevada City, CA, 95959
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PAYMENT UNTIL YOUR EVENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED BY THE LIBRARY ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE.
- Keys must be checked out by renters during Library business hours. Call 530-265-7050 for hours.
- Group size may not exceed the room capacity. The current room capacity rating is 158 (73 with any configuration of tables and chairs).
- $10 per hour with a minimum of 2 hours per session and a maximum of 10 hours per month. All groups must pre-pay within 7 days of making the reservation and have an executed agreement in place. Set up and tear down of tables and chairs are part of the rental time. Cancellations are accepted up to 72 hours of the scheduled reservation for refund of the room fee.
- Payments can be made online, by phone, or in person.
- Contract includes use of Community Room and public restrooms. No set up in Lobby or outside of the room.
- Smoking is prohibited in the building and within 20 feet of the building; no candles or incense is permitted; and alcohol is prohibited on the grounds and in the building per County General Code Article 18.2 Animals are not allowed in the room and are to be kept off of lawn and out of planters.
- The Community Room is not a food service facility. All food must be pre-approved by the Administrative Office at the time of making the reservation and removed from the premises. Food service (making, transporting and serving or dispensing prepared food as in a restaurant or commissary) is not permitted.
- Groups are responsible for maintaining the care of the room and its furnishings. All tables and chairs must be put away at the close of the meeting. Groups using the Community Room must leave the room clean and good condition for the next group including: clean the counters, sink and floors.
- Approximately 10-6 foot folding tables and 65 stackable chairs; rolling cart; podium; ceiling mounted retractable screen; broom/dust pan; sink (cold water only) with counter area; and wireless Internet access.
A Nevada County Library account is required to check out the following equipment. Arrangements need to be made in advance. Check out must occur just prior to the meeting and be returned directly after the meeting. The Projector is a Dell projector and may be run on your own Dell remote without check out if you do not need any other equipment.
Type of equipment includes:
- DVD Player, remote, cabling for use with the Projector Podium
- Portable Microphone with Speakers
- Remote Control for Ceiling Mounted Projector use
- VGA and Audio Component cables for use with your laptop for Projector use