Q. What are the scheduled "browsing" hours when the library reopens the week of April 7th?
|Bear River||Doris Foley||Grass Valley||Madelyn Helling||Penn Valley||Truckee|
|1:00 - 5:00 PM||TH/FRI|
1:00 - 3:00 PM
|10:00 - 5:00 PM||10:00 - 5:00 PM||11:00 - 4:00 AM||10:00 - 5:00 PM|
|MON / WED/ FRI||SAT. by Appt.||MON - FRI||MON - FRI||MON - FRI||MON - FRI|
Q. Will face coverings be required to enter the library?
A. Yes. All patrons and staff must wear CDC recommended masks. Masks must cover the nose and mouth at all times. If you cannot wear a face-covering during your visit, you are welcome to use our front door or curbside services.
Q. What safety measures are in place at the library when reopening?
The health and safety of the public and staff are our priority. In order to reduce contact and slow the spread of COVID-19 the library has been modified to make the environment safe for all.
- Social distancing is practiced both inside and outside the premises of each library facility. Please observe all signage.
- Libraries have limited capacity and seating has been reduced to ensure proper social distancing.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Face coverings are required at all times for anyone two years or older.
- High-touch surface areas are disinfected regularly.
- Patrons will use either hand-sanitizer or gloves prior to entry.
- Staff will retrieve holds and hand to patrons at all locations.
- Self Checkout will be available at all locations
Q. Will there be limits to the number of patrons allowed into the library with the reopening?
A. Yes. Occupancy limits will be set for each facility so that social distancing can be maintained safely.
Q. Will all library materials be available for checkout?
A: During the initial reopening phase, books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs are available for checkout. Kits and microscopes are not available for checkout.
Q. Can I return items inside the library once you reopen?
A. During the initial reopening phase, materials must be placed directly into the library bookdrop located outside the library facility. Items will be placed into quarantine for 24 hours and then checked in.
Q. Will curbside and front door pick-up still be an option?
A: Yes. Curbside and front door service will continue at Bear River, Grass Valley, Madelyn Helling, Penn Valley and Truckee Libraries.
Q. Are you offering programming inside the library with reopening?
A. In-person programming is not yet available. The library will continue with various virtual programs for all ages, including book clubs, crafting classes, teen programming, and storytime. Visit our events calendar to view upcoming programs.
Q. Will restrooms and drinking fountains be available when libraries reopen starting April 7th?
A: No. All library restrooms and drinking fountains are closed to the public.
Q. What if I want a book that isn’t in your collection? Can I use Link+ or an InterLibrary Loan?
A. Link+ borrowing is available and all quarantine standards are being followed for items received. Interlibrary Loans requests are accepted at this time using our online request form.
Q: How Do I Place a Hold Online?
- Visit the library catalog.
- Click Log In in the upper right corner of your screen. Enter your library card number and PIN. If you do not know your PIN, call your respective branch and ask for your PIN to be reset. You will be asked for your library card number and a 4-digit number to set your PIN.
- Click Search and type in a keyword, title, author’s name, etc. to find the item you would like to check out.
- On the search results, you will see the system availability and/or the number of holds on the item. This will give you an idea if the item is currently available at one of our branches or if there will be a wait time.
- Select Place Request. Confirm your pickup branch and activation date.
- Note: If the item is not available, you may still place a hold but it is currently checked out and won’t be available until it is returned. You will receive a notification (i.e. e-mail or text) when your item is available to be picked up.
Q: What if I have more questions that were not answered here?
A: Please contact your local library branch if you have further questions.