Interested in learning more about County government? Apply for our Fall 2018 Citizen's Academy online, or drop off a printed application at our office located at the Eric Rood Administrative Center (950 Maidu Ave, Suite 220, Nevada City).
If you have questions or would like to be put on our Citizen's Academy Outreach mailing list, please email us at email@example.com.
20th: Introduction to County Government
27th: County Finance
10th: Emergency Services & Information and General Services
17th: Community Development Agency
24th: Sheriff Services
1st: Library & Geographic Information Systems
15th: Behavioral Health & Public Health
22nd: Health and Human Services
29th: Public Safety Collaboration
5th: Board of Supervisors & Graduation
For more information on the current year's session, take a look at the 2018 Citizen's Academy Brochure (PDF).
Nevada County offers a Citizen’s Academy, which aims to acquaint the community with the various functions and services of County government. Citizen’s Academy is a ten week class, covering topics from Information Technology to Public Safety, that provides its participants with insight on local Government operations and the diverse services that help support a healthy, safe and vibrant community.
The class takes place on consecutive Monday evenings (excluding holidays) in the fall. There is no cost to participate, and a simple meal is provided at each session.
Sign-up for our Citizen's Academy Outreach mailing list to receive information on upcoming Citizen's Academies by emailing the County Executive Office or call 530-265-7040.
You can find information and content from the Fall 2016 Citizen's Academy below:
- Session 1: Introduction to County Government (PDF)
- Session 2: County Finance (PDF)
- Session 3: Information and General Services and Emergency Services (PDF)
- Session 4: Community Development Agency (PDF)
- Session 5: Public Safety (PDF)
- Session 6: Geographic Information Services and Library (PDF)
- Session 7: Behavioral Health and Public Health (PDF)
- Session 8: Health and Human Services (PDF)
- Session 9: Probation, Public Defender, and District Attorney (PDF)
- Session 10: Board of Supervisors (PDF)