Library Loan Information
The Nevada County Community Library is temporarily suspending overdue fees during the COVID-19 health crisis. Until further notice, library items may be returned up to 5 months after your first check out and no fines will be charged to the item.
- Always present your Library Card
- Be aware of return dates
- Immediately report the loss of items or cards
- Items may be returned to any circulating branch (Nevada City, Grass Valley, Truckee, Bear River, or Penn Valley) regardless of where they were originally checked out
- Items that have been requested by another person may not be renewed. Renewals can be made through your online account, in person, or by phone.
- To provide access of library materials to all, you may renew items only twice
- Books on CD: 3 weeks, 10 books per person
- Books: 3 weeks
- CDs: 2 weeks, 10 item limit
- DVDs: 2 weeks, 10 item limit
- Magazines: 2 weeks, 6 issues per title
- Library materials may be renewed 2 times, unless the item has a hold request
- Interlibrary Loan: Loan period is at the discretion of the lending library
- Renewals must be approved by the lending library
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL) requests (each) - $3
- Lost library card replacement - $2
- Replacement for lost or damaged item - cost of items plus processing fee.
- Processing fee for lost or damaged item - $5
- Overdue fines (per item, per day, all materials) - $0.25
- Maximum overdue fine - $5
- Audio or book cd case damaged or lost - $8
- DVD case damaged or lost - $2
- Barcode torn off book or missing (including ILL barcode) - $2
- Display cover/promotional packaging ruined (media) - $2
- Lost, broken, scratched CD or DVD (in set) - $10
- Lost, broken, scratched CD, DVD, MP3 (single) - cost of items plus processing fee
- Underlining or highlighting - $2 or cost of books plus processing fee
- 25 cents per day per overdue item; $5 maximum fine
- If fines or fees exceed $10, borrowing privileges will be suspended until reduced below $10
- Lost or damaged items will be assessed according to their value
You are responsible for all fines, including loss and damaged charges, on your library account or an account for which you are the responsible party.
Delinquent accounts will be transferred to the Nevada County Collections Division where the full balance will be due with no credit given for returned items. Fines for late items not yet returned (accrued fines) are not view-able on your online account until the items have been returned.