Behavioral Health

Welcome to Behavioral Health

The mission of the Nevada County Behavioral Health Department is to provide high quality, culturally competent mental health and substance abuse treatment services to Nevada County residents.

Contact Us

(530) 265-1437 for Adult Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder services
(530) 470-2736 for Children’s Behavioral Health services
(530) 582-7814 for Truckee Behavioral Health services

If you need help right now, call (530) 265-5811 or toll free at 1-888-801-1437. You can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255 or text “HOME” to 741741.

ChildrImage of young boy sitting at desk with arms raised in victoryen's Services

Treat children who have a serious mental illness, who could be using drugs or alcohol, children involved with the Courts, Probation, Child Protective Services and who struggle to learn because of emotional difficulties. Find more information on Children's Services.

 Image of fists in circleAdult Services

Provides treatment for adults who have serious mental illness. Assessment, outpatient counseling, medication services, case management and other mental health services are provided. Learn more about Adult Services.

Emergency and Urgent Care image of Nevada Behavioral Health sign on buildingEmergency & Urgent Care

Find mental health crisis or urgent care

Image of hand drawing in cross made of wordsAlcohol & Drug Services

Prevention, assessment and referral to substance abuse treatment services offered through community providers including residential and perinatal treatment. Find more information on Alcohol and Drug Services.

Image of young woman with hands clasped together in frontLaura's Law

Learn more about Assisted Outpatient Treatment.

FAQ text in grey squareFrequently Asked Questions

Find answers to Behavioral Health's frequently asked questions.

Image of a magnifying glass over fine printQuality Assurance

The Quality of Services that Behavioral Health provides are monitored to ensure compliance with all requirements.

For questions or information regarding AB1299 referrals, please email the Behavioral Health Department.

Notice of Privacy Practices 2019

Aviso de Prácticas de Privacidad en Español 2019