Mental Health Services Act
The Act addresses a broad continuum of prevention, early intervention and service needs and the necessary infrastructure, technology and training elements that will effectively support this system. MHSA has been a unique opportunity to transform our community mental health system. MHSA has provided funding for six broad components of new or expanded activities and services. The Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million. This tax brings in approximately 1 billion dollars per year to the state of California. Read a short overview of the Mental Health Services Act Opens a New Window. .
MHSA Annual Plan Update - PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Nevada County Behavioral Health is inviting all stakeholders to review and comment on an amendment to the MHSA Annual Plan Update FY 19/20. This amendment reflects a correction to the SB 192 Prudent Reserve cap, and changes the amount shifting out of the Prudent Reserve from $72,032 to $81,804.
The Public Comment period will last from July 2, 2019 through August 1, 2019. Public comments may be submitted in writing to Nevada County Behavioral Health at MHSA@co.nevada.ca.us or via US mail to:
Nevada County Behavioral Health Department
ATTN: Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Coordinator
500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 120
Grass Valley, CA 95945
A Public Hearing will take place at the Mental Health Board meeting on August 2, 2019 at 9:30 AM, at 500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 120 in Grass Valley.
Current MHSA Annual Plan Update and Progress Report
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Annual Plan Update Fiscal Year 2019/20
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2017/18
MHSA 3-Year Plan and Annual Progress Report Opens a New Window.
- MHSA 3-Year Plan for Fiscal Year 2017/18, 2018/19, and 2019/20 Opens a New Window.
- MHSA Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2015/16
- Read the archive of MHSA Plans.
MHSA Annual Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- FY 2017-18 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2016-17 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2015-16 RER Opens a New Window.
- Read the archive of MHSA Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Overview
- MHSA Program and Provider Outline
- PEI Amended Regulations Effective July 2018
- Innovation Plan Truckee July 2016 (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text en Espanol (PDF)
- MHSA Issue Resolution Process 2012 (PDF)
- Steinberg Institute MHSA Outcomes Report (PDF)
- Summary of DMH Information Notices and Letter Related to the MHSA 2005-2011 (PDF)