Mental Health Services Act
The Act addresses a broad continuum of prevention, early intervention and service needs and the necessary infrastructure, technology and training elements that will effectively support this system. MHSA has been a unique opportunity to transform our community mental health system. MHSA has provided funding for six broad components of new or expanded activities and services. The Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million. This tax brings in approximately 1 billion dollars per year to the state of California. Read a short overview of the Mental Health Services Act Opens a New Window. .
Prevention and Early Intervention Request for Proposals (RFP)
Nevada County Behavioral Health is now accepting proposals for Prevention and Early Intervention programs funded by the Mental Health Services Act (MHSA). Prevention and Early Intervention programs aim to reduce stigma associated with mental health issues, diminish serious mental health issues, and implement early detection strategies to keep mental illnesses from becoming severe and disabling, if possible.
This Request for Proposal (RFP) is for Prevention and Early Intervention (PEI) programs serving Western Nevada County. There will be a separate process for Eastern Nevada County (Tahoe/Truckee region). A total of $556,000 is available in Fiscal Year 2020-2021 for the focus areas of Early Intervention, Homelessness Programs, Prevention, and Stigma Reduction. Proposals are due by 5PM on February 7th, 2020, and the MHSA RFP is posted at https://www.mynevadacounty.com/734/Purchasing. A pre-proposal conference will be held on January 9th, 2020 at 1:30PM at the Empire Room at the Eric Rood Center in Nevada City. Any inquiries regarding this RFP can be directed to Desiree Belding of the Purchasing Division, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MHSA 2019 Community Meetings
If you weren't able to make on of our October/November MHSA Community Meetings Opens in New Window, you can read through some of the key resources below:
- MHSA Community Needs Assessment Data Handout Opens in New Window
Opens in New Window
- MHSA Community Meeting Presentation 11/06/19 Opens in New Window
Opens in New Window
- MHSA Community Meeting Presentation Tahoe/Truckee 10/25/19 Opens in New Window
Current MHSA Annual Plan Update and Progress Report
- MHSA Annual Plan Update Fiscal Year 2019/20 Amendment #1 Opens in New Window
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Annual Plan Update Fiscal Year 2019/20 Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2017/18 Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
- Currently Funded MHSA Programs
CurrentcuC Opens a New Window.
MHSA 3-Year Plan and Annual Progress Report Opens a New Window.
- MHSA 3-Year Plan for Fiscal Year 2017/18, 2018/19, and 2019/20 Opens a New Window.
- MHSA Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2015/16 Opens a New Window.
- Read the archive of MHSA Plans.
MHSA Annual Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- FY 2018-19 RER Opens in New Window
- FY 2017-18 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2016-17 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2015-16 RER Opens a New Window.
- Read the archive of MHSA Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Overview
- MHSA Program and Provider Outline
- PEI Amended Regulations Effective July 2018
- Innovation Plan Truckee July 2016 (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text en Espanol (PDF)
- MHSA Issue Resolution Process 2012 (PDF)
- Steinberg Institute MHSA Outcomes Report (PDF)
- Summary of DMH Information Notices and Letter Related to the MHSA 2005-2011 (PDF)
- MHSA Grievance Form