Mental Health Services Act
The Act addresses a broad continuum of prevention, early intervention and service needs and the necessary infrastructure, technology and training elements that will effectively support this system. MHSA has been a unique opportunity to transform our community mental health system. MHSA has provided funding for six broad components of new or expanded activities and services. The Act imposes a 1% income tax on personal income in excess of $1 million. This tax brings in approximately 1 billion dollars per year to the state of California. Read a short overview of the Mental Health Services Act Opens a New Window. .
MHSA Three Year Plan for FY 20/21 through FY 22/23
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
Nevada County Behavioral Health is inviting all stakeholders to review and comment on Nevada County’s MHSA Three Year Plan for FY 20/21 through FY 22/23 and FY 18/19 Annual Progress Report.
The Public Comment period will last from March 26,2020 to April 26, 2020. Public comments may be submitted in writing to Nevada County Behavioral Health at MHSA@co.nevada.ca.us or via US mail to:
Nevada County Behavioral Health Department
ATTN: Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Coordinator
500 Crown Point Circle, Suite 120
Grass Valley, CA 95945
A Public Hearing will take place at the Mental Health Board meeting on May 15, 2020 at 9:30AM. The location of the meeting is to be determined in light of COVID-19.
In light of COVID-19, we hosted our next Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Community Meeting virtually on Tuesday, April 14th, 2020 from 3 – 5PM. During the meeting, we covered:
- Potential impacts of COVID-19 on MHSA
- Draft Three-Year Mental Health Services (MHSA) Plan outlining mental health program priorities over next three years (FY 20/21, 21/22, and 21/23)
Current MHSA Annual Plan Update and Progress Report
- MHSA Annual Plan Update Fiscal Year 2019/20 Amendment #1 Opens in New Window
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Annual Plan Update Fiscal Year 2019/20 Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Annual Progress Report Fiscal Year 2017/18 Opens in New Window Opens in New Window
- Currently Funded MHSA Programs Opens in New Window
CurrentcuC Opens a New Window.
MHSA Annual Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- FY 2018-19 RER Amendment #1 Opens in New Window
Opens in New Window
- FY 2018-19 RER Opens in New Window
- FY 2017-18 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2016-17 RER Opens a New Window.
- FY 2015-16 RER Opens a New Window.
- Read the archive of MHSA Revenue & Expenditure Reports (RER)
- Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Overview
- MHSA Program and Provider Outline
- PEI Amended Regulations Effective July 2018
- Innovation Plan Truckee July 2016 (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text (PDF)
- Mental Health Services Act Text en Espanol (PDF)
- MHSA Issue Resolution Process 2012 (PDF)
- Steinberg Institute MHSA Outcomes Report (PDF)
- Summary of DMH Information Notices and Letter Related to the MHSA 2005-2011 (PDF)
- MHSA Grievance Form