Projects Scheduled for Public Meeting
The Nevada County Planning Department processes all types of discretionary land use permits; from large commercial developments to small residential subdivisions and variances. Additionally, the Planning Department also prepares various Zoning Ordinance and General Plan Text Amendments and Recreation Planning projects, such as commercial rafting permits on the Truckee River. In order for these projects to be approved they must be considered at a public hearing by the County Zoning Administrator, Planning Commission and sometimes the Board of Supervisors. For specific information on larger projects, including the project planner contact information and supporting documents, look for the project's name under the "News and Events" header on the Planning Department homepage. The links below provide supporting documents, such as staff reports and conditions of approval, for discretionary projects that are scheduled for a public hearing in the immediate future. Please note that this does not include administrative projects such as lot line adjustments and home occupations permits.
May 23, 2019 Planning Commission - Board of Supervisors Chambers
- 1:30 p.m.: Nevada County 2018 Housing Element Annual Progress Report. Planner: Matt Kelley, Senior Planner
- 1:40 p.m.: Housing Element Update (PLN19-0021; GPT19-0001; EIS19-0001). Project Planner: Matt Kelley, Senior Planner
May 28, 2019 Board of Supervisors - Board of Supervisors Chambers
- 10:30 a.m.: ATT Wildlife Appeal Project Planner: Sadie Caldas, Associate Planner
May 30, 2019 Community Workshop - Ready Springs Elementary Gymnasium
6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: Penn Valley Area Plan Update Community Workshop #4. Planner: Coleen Shade, Senior Planner
June 12, 2019 Zoning Administrator - Board of Supervisors Chambers
- 1:30 p.m : Royer Parcel Map (PLN18-0089; TPM18-0006; EIS19-0002). Project Planner: Amanda Nolan, Assistant Planner.
- 1:45 p.m : Bartlome Conditional Use Permit (PLN17-0062; CUP17-0013). Project Planner: Janeane Martin, Associate Planner.
June 27, 2019 Planning Commission - Town of Truckee Council Chambers
- 9:30 a.m. : Boca Quarry Expansion Draft EIR Public Hearing (U11-008; RP11-001; EIS11-001)(PDF) Project Planner: Coleen Shade, Senior Planner