Hansen Brothers Greenhorn Creek Mining Expansion
Hansen Brothers Enterprises (HBE) is proposing:
- A Rezone (Z15-004) of APNs 38-370-17, 38-380-15 and -16 and 38-430-02 from Forest-40 (FR-40) to FR-40 with the Mineral Extraction combining district (FR-40-ME)
- A Use Permit (U15-008) to expand an existing in-stream aggregate mining operation to an additional 38 acres in and on the banks of Greenhorn Creek in the vicinity of the Red Dog Road creek crossing and for work within the 100-year floodplain
- A Reclamation Plan (RP15-001) to reclaim and restore the site after mining activities are completed
- A Management Plan (MGT17-0003) for work within a waterway.
In late December 2016, OMR accepted the Reclamation Plan and in January 2017, HBE resubmitted the Amended Reclamation Plan (PDF) to the County, along with amended supporting documents including the Financial Assurance Cost Estimate (PDF).
Nevada County has prepared an Initial Study (PDF) for the proposed project that was available for public review and comment from March 14, 2017 to April 12, 2017.
The Nevada County Planning Commission held a public meeting on May 11, 2017 at 1:30 p.m. to consider the proposed project. The staff report (PDF) is available for review.
The Nevada County Board of Supervisors will hold a public meeting on June 13, 2017 at 10:30am to consider the proposed project. The board memorandum (PDF) is available for review.
- 0 - Initial Study for Hansen Bros Greenhorn Creek (PDF)
- 1b - Financial Assurance Cost Estimate February2017 (PDF)
- 2 - Prior Mining and Recreation Plans (PDF)
- 3 - Current and Previous Conditions of Approval (PDF)
- 4 - Current CDFW and RWQCB Permits (PDF)
- 5a - Soil Sampling and Mercury Test Results (PDF)
- 5b - Geotechnical and Hydrological Assessment October 2016 (PDF)
- 6 - Noise Study November 2015 (PDF)
- 7 - Water Supply Assessment (PDF)
- 8a - Air Quality Analysis - Extraction Only (PDF)
- 8b - Air Quality Analysis - Processing Only (PDF)
- 9a - Biological Baseline Data Updated December 2016 (PDF)
- 9b - Biological Inventory June 2015 (PDF)
- 9c - Biological Email Addendum Mar 2017 (PDF)
- Application for Mining Permit (PDF)
- Environmental Assessment prepared by applicant (PDF)
- Hansen Brothers Board of Supervisors Memorandum (Z15-004, EIS15-014) (PDF)
- Hansen Brothers Planning Comm Staff Report (U15-008, Z15-004, RP15-001, MGT17-0003, EIS15-014) (PDF)
- Hazardous Materials Statement (PDF)
- Land Use Application for Rezone (PDF)
- Maps (PDF)
- North Central Information Center Letter 03-24-2015 (PDF)
- Photographs (PDF)
- Project Information Questionnaire for Rezone (PDF)
- Rezone Justification Statement (PDF)
- Soil Resource Report (PDF)