Boca Quarry Expansion
Planning Commission Meeting June 27, 2019
Boca Quarry Expansion Expansion Staff Report (U11-008; RP11-001; EIR11-001)(PDF)
Draft Environmental Impact Report 2019
The updated Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) (PDF), including appendices, is now available for review. Hard copies are also available at the Planning Department, and the Truckee Library.
Please see below for Previous Documents (Pre-2017)
Final Environmental Impact Report
The Boca Quarry Mine Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) (PDF) is now available for review.
Mitigation Monitoring & Reporting Program
The proposed Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program (PDF) can be viewed online. This program contains the final Mitigation Measures from the EIR.
The Draft Environmental Impact Report (DEIR) (PDF) is also available for review. The DEIR Technical Appendices (14-documents) are also available under Related Items below.
Teichert Aggregates has applied for a Use Permit to expand their Boca Quarry operation and a Reclamation Plan (RP11-001) to restore the mined area to a safe, stable, and usable condition following the mining activities. The Boca Quarry is located north of Interstate 80, approximately one mile northeast of Hirschdale, in eastern Nevada County. The project proposes the following:
- A Use Permit (U11-008) proposing to expand the currently permitted Boca Quarry (U06-012), which currently includes an extraction area of approximately 40 acres, expanding the extraction area by approximately 100 additional acres, plus the approximately 18 acres of miscellaneous on the 230-acre site. This permit modification proposes to expand the maximum annual levels of extraction up to 1,000,000 tons of aggregate per year, with an average annual production of approximately 570,000 tons, depending on local market needs. Blasting is also requested with this proposal. The proposed quarry expansion will continue to use, and eventually realign, the West Hinton Road haul route out to Stampede Meadows Road for all of its aggregate sales and operating equipment access. The proposed permit life of the quarry will be 30 years. Until it is closed by the County, Hinton Road to the south will remain open for employee use, winter month site access, and emergency use.
- An amendment to the Reclamation Plan (RP11-001) is proposed to bring the new extraction area into compliance with Nevada County Codes and the California Surface Mining and Reclamation Act of 1975.
- Appendix A: Notice of Prepartion (PDF)
- Appendix B: Amended Reclamation Plan (PDF)
- Appendix C: Stability Evaluation of West Pit (PDF)
- Appendix D: Storm Water Management Plan (PDF)
- Appendix E: Water Supply Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix F1: Biological Inventory (PDF)
- Appendix F2: Wetland Delineation (PDF)
- Appendix F3: CDFG Database (PDF)
- Appendix G: Visual Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix H: Traffic Impact Analysis (PDF)
- Appendix I: Environmental Noise Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix J: Air Quality Impact Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix K: Greenhouse Gases Assessment (PDF)
- Appendix L: Cultural Resources Inventory Negative Report (PDF)
- Boca Quarry Application July 2011 (PDF)
- Boca Quarry Notice of Preparation (PDF)
- DEIR Staff Report (PDF)
- Draft EIR Notice of Public Review (PDF)
- Notice of Completion for Boca Quarry Draft EIR (PDF)
- Revised GHG Report 2011 (PDF)
- Water Supply Information (PDF)