Community Corrections Partnership
- Our next meeting will be held on Thursday, November 5, 2020 at 11:00 a.m.
- Probation Department Conference Room
109 1/2 North Pine Street
Nevada City, Ca 95959
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Michael Ertola-Chair, Chief Probation Officer
- Michael Heggarty, Health and Human Services Agency Director
- Keri Klein, Public Defender
- Clifford Newell, District Attorney
- Shannan Moon, Sheriff
- Alex Gammelgard, Chief of Police
- Tonya Clark, Court Operations Director
Realignment legislation builds upon previous statewide initiatives designed to expand the use of evidence-based practices in sentencing and probation to reduce the state prison population. The California Community Corrections Incentives Act of 2009 (SB 678) established a Community Corrections Partnerships (CCP) in each county, which consists of several government and community stakeholders.
Assembly Bill 109 (AB109) expanded the role of the CCP, through the establishment of an Executive Committee. The CCP Executive Committee (CCPEC), is chaired by the Chief Probation Officer, with additional members being; the Sheriff, District Attorney, Public Defender, local Chief of Police, Health and Human Services Agency Director and a Superior Court representative. The CCP provides planning, oversight, implementation, and assessment of Realignment in Nevada County. Realignment objectives and goals will be accomplished through the expanded use of evidence-based practices and programming that will promote positive behavioral change and outcome to reduce recidivism.