Juvenile Citations

My Child Received a Citation, What Happens Now?

A probation officer will be assigned to investigate your child's circumstances and determine a course of action. A variety of actions may occur ranging from a reprimand and dismissal, Peer Court, or Informal Probation by Probation Officer. In these cases, a probation officer would contact you.

Juvenile Court Proceedings would be decided by the District Attorney's Office. In this case, you would receive a Notice of Hearing from the Juvenile Court with a date and time to appear in court.

Additional Information

If you have questions regarding your child's citation you can call Nevada County Juvenile Probation at 530-265-1300.
Image does not exist