October 25, 2019 3:02 PM
PG&E Public Safety Power Shutoff Watch
National Weather Service has announced a Red Flag Warning and High Wind Watch Saturday evening through Sunday evening. PG&E has issued a Public Safety Power Shutoff Watch for Saturday, 10/26 until Monday, 10/28 affecting much of Western Nevada County. If fire weather conditions persist, PG&E may shut power off beginning at 3:00PM on Saturday, October 26th.Nevada County is posting local updates to our website at www.MyNevadaCounty.com/OctoberPSPS and County social media channels.
Power Outage and Fire Weather Preparedness:
Start preparing now for another potential PSPS – once your power is restored, take the opportunity to recharge your devices and restock water if you are on a well. Refuel cars and generators, stock up on supplies, and withdraw cash while the ATMs have power.
Make sure your Go Bag is ready and your car is parked towards the road, and take a moment to check in with friends, family, and neighbors to see if they have any needs you may be able to help with. Find more information and checklists in the Office of Emergency Services 2019 Ready, Set, Go! Guide at www.MyNevadaCounty.com/ReadySetGoGuide.
• Learn more about PG&E’s Public Safety Power Shutoff by visiting https://www.pge.com/ or call PG&E’s 24-hour power outage information center at 1-800-743-5002.
• Be sure PG&E has your current contact information. Customers may update information by phone at 1-866-743-6589 and 1-866-743-6589 for assistance in Spanish.
• For questions about the possible shut off, contact Nevada County 2-1-1. Do not call 911 unless it’s an emergency.
Links to critical information:
• For more info on how to prepare for PSPS: www.pge.com/psps
• For the latest PSPS updates: www.pge.com/pspsupdates
• Update your contact info for alerts at: www.pge.com/mywildfirealerts
• PG&E weather webpage: www.pge.com/weather
• PG&E Press Releases: https://www.pgecurrents.com/