News Flash


Posted on: April 11, 2019

Public Hearing to extend the temporary moratorium on the cultivation of Industrial Hemp

BOS NewsFlash

Notice is hereby given that on Tuesday, April 23, 2019, at 10:00 a.m. or as soon thereafter as the matter may be heard, in the Supervisors’ Chambers, First Floor, Eric Rood Administrative Center, 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, California, the Nevada County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing to consider the following project:

A public hearing, pursuant to Government Code Section 65858, to review and approve the written report outlining the measures taken to alleviate the conditions which led to the adoption of County Ordinance No. 2464 and to consider the adoption of an extension of the April 09, 2019 Urgency Ordinance (County Ord. No. 2464), extending the temporary moratorium on the cultivation of Industrial Hemp within the unincorporated areas of the County of Nevada for a period of 10-months and 15-days from date of the expiration of the original 45-day moratorium.

RECOMMENDED ENVIRONMENTAL DETERMINATION: CEQA Statutory Exemption 15061(b)(3), and 15308.

LEAD CONTACT: Chris de Nijs, Nevada County Agricultural Commissioner.

Documents pertaining to County Ordinance No. 2464 are available for public review and consideration at the following locations: at the Clerk of the Board’s Office, 950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 200, Nevada City, CA 95959; and the Nevada County Agriculture Department, 950 Maidu Avenue, Suite 170, Nevada City, CA 95959.

You have the right to attend the Board of Supervisor’s public hearing to discuss the above matters, provide oral testimony and comment, and/or submit written materials regarding the potential actions. Any person wishing to offer testimony on this matter should appear at the public hearing or may submit written comments (an original and 8 copies) to the Clerk of the Board at or prior to the scheduled public hearing. The Board Chairperson may place reasonable restrictions on the time allowed to any person to speak on these matters. Any person speaking on behalf of an organization or group who wishes additional time must have a written statement signed by an officer of that organization stating that he/she is authorized to speak on behalf of that body, and that he/she is relaying the majority thinking thereof.

If you challenge the Board of Supervisors determinations or decisions in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described in this notice, or in written correspondence delivered to the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors at, or prior to, the public hearing.

Facebook Twitter Email