CAL FIRE Nevada-Yuba-Placer Unit is reporting 650 acres and 15% containment Tuesday evening. There are currently 4,103 residents under a mandatory Evacuation Order due to the Jones Fire with another 1,213 residents under an Evacuation Warning. The Evacuation Warning for the areas south of Ridge Road and Rough and Ready Highway has been lifted.
Residents who have been evacuated under a mandatory Evacuation Order should continue to stay overnight outside the Evacuation Order area. There are three Temporary Evacuation Points available Penn Valley, Grass Valley and Truckee in Nevada County.
Temporary Evacuation Points:
- Ready Springs School: 10862 Spenceville Rd, Penn Valley, CA 95946
- Cottage Hill Elementary School: 22600 Kingston Lane, Grass Valley, CA 95949
- Alder Creek Middle School: 10931 Alder Dr, Truckee, CA 96161
Jones Fire Town Hall
Join CAL FIRE Chief Brian Estes, Nevada County Consolidated Fire Chief Jim Turner, Nevada County Sheriff Shannan Moon and Nevada County CEO Alison Lehman and staff for a briefing on the Jones Fire.
Register on YubaNet for the briefing. Send your questions to email@example.com or ask them live during the hour-long briefing and Q&A session. The meeting will start at 9:00 am and last one hour. The briefing be live-streamed on YubaNet’s YouTube and available for later viewing. The briefing will also be broadcast live by KNCO, KVMR and The Union.
Evacuation Language and Definitions:
- Evacuation Order: Immediate threat to life and a lawful order to leave now. The area is lawfully closed to public access
- Evacuation Warning: Potential threat to life and/or property. Those who require additional time to evacuate, and those with pets and livestock should leave now.
- Shelter in Place: Go indoors. Shut and lock doors and windows. Prepare to self-sustain until further notice and/or contacted by emergency personnel for additional direction.
Ready Nevada County:
Wildfire safety starts with you. Here are tips to stay ready:
- Stay situationally aware.
- Find your five. Your five allies are people that will check on you and that you can communicate with in an emergency, so they know you are safe or if you need help.
- Have your Go Bag ready. Find a Go Bag checklist on page 20 of our Ready, Set, Go! Guide.
- Use the Ready Nevada County Dashboard to find evacuation maps, Twitter feeds and recent CodeRED Emergency Alerts: www.ReadyNevadaCounty.org/Dashboard.
- Know the sound of Hi-Lo Sirens to alert you of an Evacuation Order