NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Notice is hereby given that on Tuesday, September 22, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. or as soon thereafter as the matter may be heard, the Nevada County Board of Supervisors will hold a public hearing to consider an appeal filed by Larry and Cheryl Andresen regarding an Encroachment Permit violation. Any interested person shall be permitted to present written and/or oral testimony by appearing at the public hearing or submitting written comments (an original and 9 copies) to the Clerk of the Board Supervisors at or prior to the scheduled public hearing. The appeal and associated documents are available for public review in the Public Works Department Office 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, California.
The public meeting will be held at the Eric Rood Administration Center Board of Supervisor Chambers, located at 950 Maidu Avenue, Nevada City, following Governor Newsom’s Executive Order pertaining to the COVID-19 pandemic and the social distancing guidelines as outlined by the Nevada County Public Health Department that remain in effect. The Board of Supervisors will return to the Board Chambers to attend the meeting and participate in person. The Board Chambers will remain closed to the public for seating during the meeting but will be open to the public for the purpose of receiving live public comment following social distancing guidelines.
Any person wishing to offer testimony on this matter may submit comments to the Clerk of the Board in advance of the meeting by:
- Writing a letter to the Board of Supervisors;
- Calling (530) 265-1480 and leaving a message; or
3) Emailing BOS.PublicComment@co.nevada.ca.us.
After the agenda for this meeting posts on the Board of Supervisors’ website, you may submit comments to the Clerk of the Board by:
In order for comments to be entered into the administrative record of the meeting, they must be received no later than 8:00 a.m. on the morning of the noticed meeting.
During the September 22, 2020 public hearing, you may provide live public comments by:
- Calling 1 (530) 270-3474 and waiting on standby to be admitted into the meeting remotely;
- Attending the public hearing at a kiosk located at the District V Board of Supervisors office in Eastern County (masks are required to enter County buildings);
- Attending the public hearing inside the Eric Rood Administrative Center Board Chambers (masks are required to enter County buildings); or
- Attending the public hearing by remote from the Eric Rood Administrative Center Board Chambers public comment kiosk located outside of the building (for individuals that are unable to wear a mask).
Please provide your name, City or District of residence, and reference the Encroachment Appeal public hearing as your topic of interest.
As the date grows closer to the public hearing, please contact the Clerk of the Board at (530) 265- 1480 or email@example.com for additional information on the location of the meeting, as well as how to provide live comments during the public hearing.