In-Home Supportive Services providers serve one of our community’s most vulnerable populations. We are working closely with our partners to ensure this essential workforce is vaccinated.
- If you are an IHSS provider, check your mail! You should have received a hard copy letter to your mailing address in the last few days. This letter tells you who to contact to schedule an appointment for your COVID-19 vaccine.
- If you are an IHSS provider and have not received this letter, contact Connecting Point at (530) 274-5601.
- IHSS providers are part of Phase 1A, Tier 2.
- For more detail on groups that are currently eligible in Nevada County, visit: www.MyNevadaCounty.com/Coronavirus/Vaccine
Thank you to our partners who have helped us get this message out to IHSS providers. Each group that is eligible for the vaccine requires unique outreach and methods to inform individuals that it’s their turn. The roll-out of vaccine to IHSS providers is an example of how we are working closely with partners to meet the individual needs of eligible groups.
To stay up-to-date on local vaccine information:
- Bookmark our COVID-19 vaccination page at www.MyNevadaCounty.com/Coronavirus/Vaccine and check back regularly
- Text VACCINEINFO to 898211 to receive text updates from Public Health straight to your smartphone
- Call 211 or 1-833-DIAL211 to speak to a local call specialist
The team here at Nevada County Public Health is grateful to our community for your eagerness to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination is an essential tool for ending this pandemic. We must all stay vigilant and continue to wear masks, keep our distance, wash our hands, and avoid gatherings so that we can return to a more normal way of life as quickly as possible.