1/27: Nevada County Public Health continues to expand eligibility for COVID vaccine. With the doses we have received from the state this week, we are able to expand eligibility to some of our residents who are 75 years old and older.
New! Starting vaccine access for 75+
- A limited number of primary care physicians, pharmacies and clinics are starting to set vaccine appointments for their 75+ year old patients.
- These appointments are available via outreach from primary care doctors, pharmacies and clinics who have become official “vaccine partners.”
- Public Health is providing this vaccine to these partners as part of our allocation from the state.
- In Western Nevada County, you may hear from your doctor, clinic, or pharmacy with an offer of COVID-19 vaccine. Due to the extremely limited supply of vaccine, these providers are currently reaching out to those who are 75+ in their networks. As vaccine availability increases and Nevada County works deeper through the State's prioritized populations, more appointment opportunities will become available.
- We estimate that we have 13,000 people in Nevada County who are 75+, so the process of getting vaccine out to everyone will take time. So far, as of this week, we have received just over 5,000 doses total.
New! Firefighters and police officers are also now eligible
Public Health continues to move forward to vaccinate the groups prioritized by the state. Our ability to do so is limited by the amount of vaccine we receive from the state. We are now deep in Phase 1B Tier One and will continue to move forward in vaccinations for those groups.
Please stay informed as this is an evolving situation and continue to be patient as we meet this unprecedented challenge.
- Bookmark our COVID-19 vaccination page at www.MyNevadaCounty.com/Coronavirus/Vaccine and check back regularly.
- Text VACCINEINFO to 898211 to receive text updates from Public Health straight to your smartphone
- Subscribe for email alerts by calling 211 at 1-833-DIAL211
- Residents without access to text messages can still get alerts via email by entering their contact information here: https://forms.gle/6qNh6QHbhNKEWQQU8
- Call 211 with question about your tier
Thank you to our partners who are helping to vaccinate our community. Our COVID-19 vaccination efforts could not succeed without your partnership and your commitment to our community’s health.
Vaccination is an essential tool for ending this pandemic. Even after you are vaccinated, we must all stay vigilant and continue to wear masks, keep our distance, wash our hands, and avoid gatherings so that we can return to a more normal way of life as quickly as possible.