It's crunch time for the busy building season with projects working towards finalization or getting the project weather tight prior to winter weather. During this time the Building Department becomes inundated with building inspection requests. It is important to forecast when your construction projects need building inspections to ensure you can get them on the days you need most.
Building Inspection Scheduling Tips
- Schedule early with our online building inspection scheduling tool. Search your building permit number with our online Citizen Access portal. Use the "Permit Info" drop down and click on the "Inspections" link to schedule your inspection. You can schedule up to midnight for the next day. It is recommended to schedule sooner as during busy times the inspection schedule can fill up a couple days in advance.
- We complete Eastern County Building Inspections (East of Kingvale) on Mondays and Thursdays.
- A two hour window is provided for your inspection(s) by 8:00am the morning of your inspection. You can look online by searching your permit number on the Citizen Access portal or simply by clicking on the "Today's Inspections" link at the top of this page. You can save this link as a favorite and click on it over the course of your project to seamlessly see when your inspections will be. This works well on your computer as well as your smart phone and tablets.
- Be prepared for your inspection(s):
- Have the stamped project plans and permit card onsite.
- Do a pre-walk prior to the inspector arriving to ensure all last minute items are taken care of.
- Communicate with your onsite inspector; they can help you and give you tips on how to continue to move your project forward.
- Have an OSHA approved ladder onsite if the inspection type will require one.
- Leave your phone number, gate codes and any other brief information on your inspection request.
If you have any questions about building inspections or other building related information please do not hesitate to contact the Nevada County Building Department at (530) 265-1222 or email at BuildingDept@co.nevada.ca.us.