Streaming and eComment Now Available
Videos of the Planning Commission meetings are available for eComment, live streaming and for on-demand viewing of archives. Give input on the upcoming meeting agenda and view video here. eComment is available until 10am Thursday the day of the meeting.
Agendas and Minutes may be viewed and downloaded at these links:
You can Subscribe to the Agendas, Minutes, and project Staff Reports by clicking the Subscribe link. If you do, you will receive an Email notification whenever a new file is posted. There is no charge for this service.
Jurisdiction, Powers and Duties
(From Code Section A-II 42.5.1)
The Nevada County Planning Commission shall have the jurisdiction over and shall review and consider and approve or disapprove all of the following:
1. Review and recommend actions to the Board of Supervisors for all General Plan Amendments.
2. Review and recommend actions to the Board of Supervisors for amendments to the Nevada County Zoning Ordinance.
3. Review of all capital improvement plans.
4. All subdivisions requiring the approval and filing of a final map and parcel maps creating more than four lots and
all major use permits and site plans as provided in the Zoning Ordinance.
Planning Commission Members:
* SUPERVISORIAL DISTRICT I:
Represents Nevada City, Banner Mountain area.
* SUPERVISORIAL DISTRICT II:
Represents South of Grass Valley, Alta Sierra, Lake of the Pines area
* SUPERVISORIAL DISTRICT III:
Represents Grass Valley area
* SUPERVISORIAL DISTRICT IV:
Represents Penn Valley, French Corral and the North San Juan area
* SUPERVISORIAL DISTRICT V:
Represents Truckee, Washington and areas east of Nevada City
For questions, please contact:
Clerk to the Planning Commission